Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions govern the way we do business, how we take and settle bets, and identify what you can expect from Oxygen 8 E.A Ltd, P.O. Box 34249-00100, Nairobi, Kenya (hereafter referred to as Betyetu).
- 1.01 The Law prohibits betting by persons under age of 18 and we may at any time ask you to confirm your age. Underage clients will have their accounts closed immediately and any balances forfeited. We may also suspend ANY account for any reason and ask you to come with ID to one of our offices or agents to prove age, and identity. Individuals suspecting underage gambling are encouraged to report this to us immediately on our customer service number +254 703 065 005 (Safaricom) or via email to email@example.com
- 1.02 Your Kenyan mobile phone number (+254) is your Customer identity. We use mobile phone numbers to uniquely identify customers and their account details. The Customer has sole responsibility to ensure that their security details remain confidential. Any transactions that have been placed by a user who is securely logged into the Customer's account will be the Customer's responsibility. If transactions are made via your phone by someone who is not the registered user, the registered user will remain liable for their transactions. We cannot do account transactions for accounts which are not identical to the phone number. This means that you cannot ask to be paid out on a different number other than the number you have placed a bet with and you cannot send money to us and request that this is placed in a different account.
- 1.03 For new players, account details & promotional messages pertaining to their account will be sent via sms from the point of first entry purchase.
- 1.04 Bets cannot be cancelled or changed once the bet has been recorded within our betting platform.
- 1.05 Betyetu accepts bets made online, Mobi or SMS which for clarity includes the use of iphone, Android applications and early generation GSM phones. Bets are not accepted in any other form (telephone, email, fax, in person, etc.) and any bets received in these forms will be null and void.
- 1.06 Betyetu cannot be held responsible for any delay or non- delivery of SMS communications through the Mobile Operator Networks.
- 1.07 Betyetu reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet before the game starts without providing any justification. Betyetu also reserves the right to refuse/cancel any bet or part of a bet that is placed while a game is in progress if there is sufficient evidence that the Customer was placing a bet with prior knowledge of an event that would affect the accurate pricing of a market – for example, betting on the first-to-score market while the first goal is being scored
- 1.08 Betyetu reserves the right to void any or all bets that have been made by any person or group of persons who are acting in an attempt to defraud us. If there is any evidence of a series of bets, each containing the same selection having been placed by or for the same individual or syndicate of individuals, Betyetu reserves the right to make such bets void and suspend relevant accounts. This rule applies to both settled and unsettled bets.
- 1.09 Betyetu reserves the right to void any bet that may have been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds to cover the bet. If an account has insufficient funds as a result of a deposit that has been cancelled for whatever reason. Betyetu reserves the right to cancel any bet that may have been accepted retroactively, and void any winnings paid to the Customer from those bets.
- 1.10 Should funds be credited to a Customer's account in error, it is the Customer's responsibility to notify Betyetu of the error without delay. Any winnings subsequent to the error shall be deemed invalid and returned to Betyetu. Betyetu has the right to revert the transaction.
- 1.11 Betyetu reserves the right to suspend or close Customer's accounts and void all settled and unsettled bets in the event that a Customer opens more than one account.
- 1.12 Any account will be classified as 'dormant' if there has been no activity on the account for a period of 3 months. Account activity includes making a deposit or withdrawal, or the placement of a bet and does not include logging into your account.
- 1.13 Once a period of 3 months has passed without activity, all funds in the inactive player's account will be subject to the provisions of clause (1.14) below
- 1.14 To the extent permitted by law, Betyetu reserves the right to deduct a dormant account maintenance and administration fee of Ksh1000 (or equivalent) per month from an inactive or dormant account until such account is no longer in credit or has become active.
- 1.15 Bets will only be accepted up to the advertised start time. Any bet that is inadvertently accepted, which includes an event after its start time, the bet will be cancelled. If any portion of a multiple bet is inadvertently accepted then all parts of that multiple bet will be cancelled.
- 1.16 Multiple bets that combine different selections within the same event are not accepted where the outcome of one affects or is affected by the other. If such a bet is taken in error, the bet will be cancelled
- 1.17 Betyetu does not accept responsibility for damages or losses deemed or alleged to have resulted from or been caused by the website or its content including without limitation, delays or interruptions in operation or transmission, loss or corruption of data, communication or line failure, any person's misuse of the site or its content, or any errors or omissions in content.
- 1.18 The minimum amount for a bet is Kshs. 20 unless otherwise stated on the website.
- 1.19 Betyetu reserves the right to change odds and information displayed on the website at any time and without notice. Betyetu will take reasonable care to ensure accuracy of this information but information is presented as a guide only. Prices displayed on the website are indicative only and are not binding until a bet has been confirmed by us. In the event of any particular information (score, time of game etc) being incorrect we assume no liability for this. Please refer to our betting rules for information on how we settle individual markets.
- 1.20 The website will at all time show records of recent bets placed, results and account activity. We recommend that the Player keep independent records of all of the transaction information, games rules, cancellation rules, and payment methods in order to avoid any future misunderstandings
- 1.21 The Customer will be able to play immediately after any deposit transaction has been confirmed.
- 1.22 When an event is cancelled, all bets referring will be cancelled automatically and the related accounts will be refunded.
- 1.23 All Customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any Customer or group of Customers.
- 1.24 In case of a bonus manipulation or abuse of any kind, Betyetu reserves the right to deduct the bonus and the winning associated to the bonus from the Customer's account.
- 1.25 Betyetu considers these rules to be fair. Should you need any advice regarding these rules, please contact Customer Services.
- 1.26 Any customer who wishes to make a formal complaint about our services should first contact our Customer Services department using the contact us form on the website or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as quickly as possible and in all cases we strive to ensure that all customers are responded to within 48 hours. Our response will include the name of the person who will be handling your complaint and a full record of the correspondence will be tracked, including our operator login credentials who has provided any response to you. If you do not believe our resolution to your complaint to be fair and transparent then you are free to request for the complaint to be escalated to a member of our Senior Management team who will personally review your complaint and make a final decision.
- 1.28 Copyright in the information displayed on this website is the property of Satellite Information Services Limited ("SIS") and/or its licensors. This information is intended for personal use only and may not be displayed in public, broadcast or used for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of SIS. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information is accurate, SIS accepts no responsibility for any use made of the information provided on this website and excludes all liability in respect of any loss suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly from use of the information
- 1.29 Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be displayed on your next login to this website prior to these changes taking effect
- 2.1 All bonus offers can be redeemed only once per offer unless it was clearly stated otherwise.
- 2.2 Each bonus offer will have its own "terms and conditions” and Customers should ensure that the terms and conditions associated with each individual bonus offer are read and understood prior to accepting the bonus.
- 2.3 Promotions are subject to change. All management decisions are final.
- 2.4 In the event of an error when attributing a bonus to a Customer account, the company reserves the right to correct such errors by removing any funds that were put into a Customer's account erroneously and by voiding any bets that were placed by these funds.
- 3.1 Minimum withdrawal is Kshs. 100
- 3.2 Betyetu, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse payment of any withdrawal following a Withdrawal Request
- 3.3 Withdrawals will be processed to your Mobile Money Service Provider and actual receipt of funds is determined by the service provider
- 3.4 Free bets or promotional awards of any kind cannot be withdrawn.
- 3.5 In the event you choose to withdraw funds from your account and have not carried out any financial activity, or if the financial activity on your account equates to a sum of less than 50% of the amount deposited by you, then Betyetu reserves the right to charge a processing fee of 5% of the requested withdrawal amount with a minimum charge of Kshs. 50
- 3.6 "Financial activity" is defined by the placing of bets anywhere on this website
We realise that for some Customers gambling might become a serious problem and for such Customers we offer a self-exclusion option for a period from six months up to permanent exclusion, as per a Customer's request. If you wish to self-exclude, please contact Customer Services specifying the period you wish to be self-excluded for. If you choose to contact Customer Services, kindly note that only upon a clear "self-exclusion" request will your account be suspended for the agreed time. Otherwise all accounts will be "closed" and can be reopened at any time upon a Customer's request. Please read through our Responsible Gaming guide for more information
5. Account Closure
- 5.1 We reserve the right to close any customer account and refuse to take bets from any customer. In the event of account closure, the full value of any customer funds will be returned as soon as practical.
- 5.2 If a customer makes threat of violence against any staff member, their betting account will be closed and the matter referred to the police.
- 5.3 Accounts that have not been accessed or have not had a valid betting transaction for a period of 12 months will deemed to be dormant. Dormant accounts will be closed and any funds available on such accounts will be held in a dedicated Company account.
6. Cash Out Promotion
- 6.1 Cash Out is available on a wide variety of markets. However, Betyetu has the right to remove some games or competitions or sports from the Cash Out offer at any time without prior notice.
- 6.2 A time delay in accepting a Cash Out request is in place. If a price changes or a market suspends then the Cash Out of the original amount request may not be successful.
- 6.3 If the Cash Out request is successful, this will be displayed and the bet will be settled immediately. The actual final result of the related market will have no impact on the Cash Out amount.
- 6.4 The Cash Out amount offered at any time is the total amount that will be returned to your account if successful.
- 6.5 Where we have reason to believe that a Cash Out is carried out after the outcome of an event is known, we reserve the right to void the original bet that was Cashed Out.
- 6.6 Any bets that are settled in full or part using Cash Out will not count towards the turnover requirement of any offer.
- 6.7 Bets placed with Bonus Funds cannot be cashed out.
- 6.8 Betyetu cannot guarantee that the Cash Out feature will be available on your bet selection.
- 6.9 Betyetu will not be responsible if the Cash Out feature is not available for technical reasons and bets will stand as originally placed during any such period.
- 6.10 Betyetu reserves the right to accept or decline any bet/wager requested for any sport, competition, market or bet type that is included in the Cash Out feature.
- 6.11 Betyetu reserves the right to amend, suspend or remove the Cash Out feature at any time for any event, fixture or market. Any bets placed on such events, fixtures or markets will stand as originally placed.
- 6.12 Betyetu reserves the right to reverse the settlement of a Cash Out if the bet or a market is settled in error.
7. Casino Specific Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions made available herein shall govern the relationship between You (account holder/Player) and Us in relation to all play on the Betyetu Casino website.
By using the Casino Website and/or playing any game thereon, you accept these Terms and conditions and shall be bound by them. We shall at all times reserve the right to review this terms and conditions without prior notice and as such, they are subject to variation regularly at our discretion. It will be your duty as an Account Holder/Player to Please review these Conditions regularly to ensure you are up-to-date with all of the current terms as any changes we make will become effective on the date of publication and you will be deemed to be aware of such changes and bound by them.
In addition to accepting these Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions of www.betyetu.co.ke (“the Website”), ("Terms and Conditions") as amended by us from time to time at our discretion apply to all eventualities relating to Games not covered by these Conditions. The Terms and Conditions contain important provisions applicable to your use of the Casino Website including eligibility criteria requirements which apply to your use of the Website and the Casino Website.
Further, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by any additional rules which appear within a Game, including within a Game’s “Help” or “Game Info” tabs (“Rules”), including rules relating to minimum/maximum bets, maximum pay-outs, jackpots, disconnections and system malfunctions. The Rules may also contain instructions on how to play and the return-to-player (“RTP”).
Please familiarise yourself with these Conditions, the Terms and Conditions and the Rules before you use the Casino Website or play a Game. These Conditions represent a legally binding agreement between you and us. In the event you do not agree or do not understand any of the terms within, please discontinue your use of the Casino Website immediately. In the event of any inconsistency between these Conditions, the Terms and Conditions, or the Rules, unless otherwise stated, to the extent of the inconsistency, the Rules shall prevail, followed by these Conditions and followed thereafter by the Terms and Conditions.
- 7.1. Random Number Generator
- 7.1.1You fully accept and agree that random number generator (“RNG”) software will determine all outcomes of Games on the Casino Website. In the event of a discrepancy between the results displayed on your computer and a Game’s records on our server, our records shall be regarded as definitive.
- 7.2. Errors
- 7.2.1 In the event of systems or communications errors relating to the generation of any result, bet settlement or any other element of a Game, we will not be liable to you as a result of any such errors and we reserve the right to void all related bets and plays on the Game in question.
- 7.2.2 In the event that a system malfunction results in profit, whether it is collected or credited to your account, we reserve the right to claim all gains related to the error and you shall be obliged to reimburse the amount collected and inform us of such a malfunction. We reserve the right, and discretion to directly debit an amount equal to that which you may have erroneously received from your BetYetu account at any time in which such information shall become known to us.
- 7.3 Disconnection, Misuse and Malfunction
- 7.3.1 We, our affiliates, agents and licensors accept no responsibility and as such, will not be liable for any loss resulting from delays or interruptions to play due to failure, breakdown, malfunction, interruption or disconnection from the games server or any other causes over which we or they have no control.
- 7.3.2 Misuse, disconnection or system malfunction voids all bets, plays and pays.
- 7.3.3 You certify that in what pertains to the services provided by us, you will not use or attempt to use any martingale betting strategy or software endowed, in our view, with artificial intelligence. Abuse of the Website or services provided by us, is prohibited.
- 7.3.4 In the event that we reasonably determine that you used or attempted to use a product endowed with artificial intelligence in conjunction with our Website or services, we reserve the right to rescind or block your account immediately, to not pay the amount credited to your account, and prohibit your access to all other Websites, Services and Applications offered by us.
- 7.3.5 In the interest of fair play, we prohibit the use of any recognized betting techniques with the aim of circumventing the standard house edge in our games. If your account shows any indication of deceptive game play through these betting techniques, your account will be blocked immediately and we will retain any funds from the account in question.
- 7.3.6 Should we have any reason to believe that either an account or group of accounts are operating systematically, e.g. using specific betting techniques or group wagering, we reserve the right to block or permanently close all accounts. In these circumstances, we will not be under any obligation to refund you any money in your account, with the exception of the Principal amount you originally deposited, should this amount still be present in full having not been tampered with.
- 7.4. Compliance With Laws
- 7.4.1The Casino Website and Games thereon may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding Games and any bets placed on or via Games or the Casino Website. The Casino website and all our gaming platforms are governed by the laws of Kenya and as such, we shall cooperate with law enforcement and other regulatory authorities, in investigating claims of illegal activity on the Casino Website if need arises.
- 7.5 Identification and Age Verification
- 7.5.2 By agreeing to these Terms, You agree and declare that You have entered your own correct personal details, and that the source of all funds used on www.betyetu.co.ke are derived from legitimate activities and that You will not use the Site for illegal or fraudulent activity, including (and without limitation) money laundering as provided by the governing law that applies to You and/or any member of our Website. We reserve the right to check all and any transactions to prevent money laundering. Criminal and/or civil proceedings may be brought against You and any other person linked to taking part in such activity. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to report any suspicious transaction and to transmit any information to the appropriate authorities and without notice to You. In such a case, You waive all rights of any nature that may be recognized anywhere of the communication of such information. In addition, we reserve the right to withhold all the funds we believe to be derived from fraudulent or unlawful activity and where required, without giving reason to You for withholding said funds.
- 7.5.3 You cannot request or open an account if you are not the account holder or if you are acting on behalf of someone else or on behalf of the account or for the benefit of a third party.
- 7.5.4 You can only possess one account with www.betyetu.co.ke, and we reserve the right to close all multiple accounts that are open, under the same name or connected to the same person, and in this case, we will credit the first account that you opened with Betyetu with the balances from the other accounts that would have been closed. If we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have committed or attempted to commit any fraud, we reserve the right to cancel any transaction pertaining to it and suspend the account and investigate or instruct to be investigated such an account and the suspicious transaction(s).
- 8.5.5 You must not authorize any third party to use your account and you will be entirely responsible for all losses that result from such prohibited authorization. You must immediately inform us if you suspect that another person has obtained access to your account, and you will offer your full support to us while researching this issue.
- 7.5.6 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided on registration is accurate, precise and up to date. You are aware that changes cannot be made to your first name, surname and date of birth provided at registration, unless you provide us with satisfactory evidence that your personal details, have been legally changed under the laws of the country.
- 7.5.7 We reserve the right to keep all personal information provided by you upon registration after your User Account is closed subject to the Access to Information Act 2016.
- 7.6 Termination
- 7.6.1 We may suspend or terminate your account, cancel any bets placed by you, remove any bonus monies in your account and/or take any other action we deem appropriate in our absolute discretion if:
(i) we suspect that you are engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity while using the Casino Website (including circumstances where we suspect you have attempted to manipulate the operation of the Casino Website or the normal play of Games thereon or have been involved in player collusion);
(ii) we suspect you are in breach of any of these Conditions, the Terms and Conditions or the Rules;
(iii) we suspect you are acting in a manner that is detrimental to the conduct of our business;
(iv) we are required to do so by law; or
(v) in our judgement, there is a manifest error or there is a technological failure affecting the Casino Website.
- 7.6.2 We reserve the general right at any time, and in our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate your account (or exclude you from any of our services) without further explanation if we consider it necessary to do so. In such circumstances, where deemed appropriate by us, we reserve the right to debit any bonus monies from your account.
- 7.6.3 Your sole remedy in the event of termination of your account by us for reasons outlined in clause 6.1 or clause 6.2 above shall be the reimbursement of any undisputed account balance you may then have, subject to your having complied with these Conditions, the Terms and Conditions and the Rules. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall have no further liability to you whatsoever.
- 7.7 General
- 7.7.1 Where applicable, maximum pay-outs will be indicated to you in the Rules or elsewhere on the Casino Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary in these Conditions, the Terms and Conditions or the Casino Website, the games are subject to a maximum pay-out (meaning the total win amount) of Ksh. 1,000,000.00 to any one customer on any SINGLE BETTING ROUND. This maximum pay-out applies irrespective of stakes, wagers, betting rounds or number of winning lines. A betting round is initiated by a paid spin, and can lead either to a single win or to a series of wins by triggering additional paying features like bonuses and/or free games. Should you win in excess of Ksh. 1,000,000.00 in any ONE betting round, the maximum payable amount is a flat rate of Ksh. 1,000,000.00 regardless of whether a higher amount may have been won. Maximum pay-outs will be paid in Kenyan Shillings.
- 7.7.2 Promotions and tournaments on the Casino Website will have their own individual terms and conditions which will govern your participation in the relevant promotion/tournament. Where you are credited with an amount to your account pursuant to a promotional campaign or competition, unless specified to the contrary within the terms of such promotion or competition, the credited funds may only be used as bonus funds to play Games and cannot be withdrawn as cash. We reserve the right to reclaim bonus amounts credited to your account if you attempt to withdraw them from your account. By accepting any prize (including a jackpot) and/or winnings as part of a promotion on the Casino Website, you agree that you will not unreasonably withhold your consent to the use of your name (without compensation) for advertising and promotional purposes.
- 7.7.3 We may, at our sole discretion and without any requirement to give reasons, exclude any customer from our services generally and/or from receiving selected promotions and offers introduced by us from time to time.
- 7.7.4 We reserve the right to refuse or limit any bets or bonuses (for example by setting minimum and maximum amounts which will be set out in Rules, or by setting wagering requirements), or change such limits, at our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever without any obligation to provide you with notice.
- 7.7.5 We reserve the right to suspend, discontinue, modify, remove or add to the Casino Website and/or any Game at our discretion with immediate effect and without any obligation to provide you with notice and we will not be liable as a result of any such action.
- 7.7.6 You shall not interfere, interrupt, attempt to interrupt or attempt to manipulate the operations of the Website or the Casino Website or the normal play of any of Games thereon. In particular, you will not use or attempt to use any artificial intelligence or player assistance software to manipulate the Website but will play personally via the interfaces provided by us only. If you become aware that the Casino Website or any Game contains any error, you must inform our Customer Services and you agree not to take advantage of any such error. We reserve the right to recover any advantage that you may gain from any error, as well as all costs and expenses in making such recovery.
- 7.7.7 Your account is personal to you. You shall not allow others to use your account or to accept any prize or participate in any Game. Any person found to have violated this clause will be liable for all losses on the account but will not be entitled to collect any winnings. It is your responsibility to keep your password private and secure and you are solely responsible for the security of your account information and password. You are responsible for any unauthorized use of your account and/or password. In the event that a third party places a bet or is thought to have placed a bet from your account, such bet shall be valid and liability for losses on your account will lie with you, whether or not you were aware the third party misappropriated your account and password information. You agree to notify us immediately if there is any change to your account information.
- 7.7.8 You will not post any unlawful, obscene, abusive, defamatory, threatening or other offensive material on the Casino Website or the Website.
- 7.7.9 We reserve the right to moderate any chat on the Casino Website and remove postings, including those which promote competing services and those which are untrue, derogatory or critical of us, the Website, the Casino Website and/or a Game. In addition, you agree to observe and abide by any specific chat rules that we may post on any chat facility from time-to-time.
- 7.7.10 You understand that you risk losing money whilst using the Casino Website and playing Games and that you use the Casino Website and play Games at your own risk.
- 7.7.11 If it is necessary to provide you with software ("Software") supplied by third parties to enable you to use and download the products offered through the Casino Website, you are required to enter into a separate agreement with the Software owner in respect of your use of such Software ("Third Party Software Agreement"). In case of any inconsistency between these Conditions and the Third Party Software Agreement, these Conditions will prevail in so far as the inconsistency relates to the relationship between you and us. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Software is downloaded onto your computer in a manner compatible with your own computer's specific set-up.
- 7.7.12 At any time, you may exclude yourself from gambling on the Casino Website permanently or for set periods. This can be done via the “My profile” section. Once your request is processed by us, no further wagers will be accepted from you on the Casino Website. If you have requested closure of your account, your Casino Website account will be closed and any balance credited back to you. It is also possible for you to permanently exclude yourself from both the Casino Website and all of our other services (for example games, virtual etc.).
- 7.7.13 Excluding the payment of valid bets, in no event shall we be liable to you:
(i) with respect to any and all claims arising from or related to these Terms or the Casino Website, howsoever arising under contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or in any other cause of action, for damages exceeding Ksh. 300,000 or
(ii) for any consequential, indirect, incidental or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever; or loss of business, profits, revenue, reputation, goodwill, contracts, anticipated savings or opportunities; or loss or damage arising from loss, damage or corruption of any data, even if such losses are foreseeable or if we have been notified of the possibility of same. Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any liability to the extent such liability cannot be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- 7.7.14 If any part of these Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these Conditions.
- 7.7.15 With the exception of your personal information, all other information, including, but not limited to, ideas, submissions, suggestions, concepts, graphics, chatroom contents including material and statements, posted on the Casino Website or submitted to us will become our property and we shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality and we will be free to reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, distribute and display same as we designate in any and all media.
- 7.7.16 We do not charge you fees in respect of any withdrawals, however, m-pesa charges apply in depositing to your account.
- 7.7.17 These Conditions, together with the Terms and Conditions and the Rules (as applicable) contain the entire agreement between you and us relating to the Casino Website and the Games thereon.
8. Marketing Communications
From time to time, we will be sending our clients promotional and informational messages. We will also be sending promotional messages to potential clients who visit or interact with our products. These products include but are not limited to website, app, ussd, advertisements, paybill number and sms short code. To opt out of any message from betyetu, please dial *456*9*5# for Safaricom users.